- add to a default (under music NOT extra>browse) playlist using explorer drag and drop (the clix detects a file being transfered and adds it to the database? Perhaps it does this already but it is adding the music to a playlist that is only available under the browser).
- long-push-clix pocket mode (meaning one has to click down for half second say) to cut down on accidental clicking.
- button and clix pocket mode (meaning one has to click down on a button while clicking) to cut down on accidental clicking.
- a side button only pocket mode where the side buttons control volume and track skip, again to cut down on accidental clicking. All these three because the best and worst thing about the clix are the ease of clicks.
- a body that has groves or holes or metal anchor that allow(s) an armband (and clip) to attach directly to the device without the need for the case.
- failing the above, an armband with a case into which we can slot in the clix
- a way of attaching a strap ideally in the centre of an end, so that it hangs vertically, as a nice accesory
- mic input like in the old iFP 799/899, one of the last players to allow mic. Without mic one has to record everything in the room.
- replacable battery (so I can charge and keep a spare) - a smaller iriver device has a replacable lithium battery apparently
- more case colours (at least the backs)
- animated gif album art
- undulations in the back of the case for where our supporting fingers go
And as others say
- the album art size is too small
- video resizing on board the device
- swf video (i don't care about the quality of the medium, conversion is a drag so this should be done soon)
- slot for extra memory. The lack of this seems like deliberate, built-in obsolescence, or built in way of making those that have more money pay for something (the larger memory versions) that costs very little more to build.
Even less likely and less important
- Tv output like the Onda VX777, which costs less than 100 USD
- Even perhaps a camera even if it is a bad one - why not?
Hmm come to think of it, one day soon mobile phones will do everything. There are not so many small dap phones. When such things exist then I guess it may be goodbye iriver, unless they can get into phones.
- A mobile phone made by iriver